September 30, 2011

More books!

 And  my evening classes (The art of books) goes on and I love it! Here some first trials with a Japanese stab binding. I'm getting loads of paper from my boxes on the attic and finally I can give them a new life! Like the last cover is made from a Peruvian schoolplate about all the fruits the country can offer :) New sketchbooks with a soul. Yesterday I started from an old book that we have to demount totally and restore if required and binding again with a new self-designed cover! So time to draw some Alice. The book is from my mom and she is very curious how it will start his new life :))) Me too! :)

3 comments:

Mirna Photography said...

Oh, Alice, mijn favoriete sprookje! Heel mooi die boekjes die je maakt hoor!

roberto M. said...

Me gusta esto, me gusta la prolijidad con que lo hiciste. que linda técnica, yo siempre estoy pensando en hacer un libro raro, no sé algo que no sea para leer pero con formato de libro y esta técnica de encuadernar me vendría bárbaro!!!
bueno, un beso y buen fin de semana con tu esposo y con Dalí (hace mucho que no cuentas nada de él :) ja ja!
bye♫

rossichka said...

Me, too! I'm curious to see the new look of the book as well as your artistic cover.:) It seems to be very interesting, attending this course! Besides, it's usefull - you can save all your books in future from "decay"... I like very much how the books are binded!